Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I made five cards today.  They are for my husband, grandchildren and Mom.  The one with the hand is for me friend Wendy who has a deaf son.  Happy Valentine every one.  The Teddy Bear is made from Sizzix die Build a Bear from Stampin Up, I put him in a cuttlebug folder to make him look fuzzy.  The Owl is from Hampton Art Stamps.  I used some wrapping paper as background paper and it was very cheap to use .  I was surprised how well it worked as designer paper.  The love bandit is Stampin Up set by that name and the Frog was from Cricut Paisley cart and I colored it with Copic markers.
The hand is from Don Juan and I used some paper I rolled up with my quilling tool to make the fingers stay down to say "I love you" in sign language.  I have to make one more card for my Mom.  Her friend has been diaganosed with lung cancer and she always put in special requests for cards for her friends.  I am glad to do it as seems I have a lot of equipment and supplies I need to use.  :>)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words. I had to find a hobby when I had to quit nursing because of health issues.
    My mind was writing checks my body could not cash.
    I started scrap booking in tears one day, because I wanted to work, not sit at home. I started to spend money on things for the scrap books of my grandchildren and while I loved doing them I just did not feel they really mattered. Maybe someday they would matter to someone other than me.
    Anyway, I went on line looking for embellishments and noticed people making cards.
    I wanted to do something of worth and it is hard for me to sit as I have always been busy.
    I am so glad when I can make something that someone appreciates or likes. Sometimes you have to have the words of others for emotional support.
    It gives me the self worth... that I seemed to have lost when I could no longer work.
    Thanks for all you have done to bring out the best in me...it helps me to reach some goals.

    ReplyDelete